Under the general supervision of the Director of Finance, the Accountant is responsible for assisting in the efficient administration of district financial affairs. This includes accounting, reporting, budget support, data analysis, and acting as the pupil accounting administrator.
• Processes accounts receivable and incoming payments according to financial policies and procedures.
• Receives and reconciles property tax collections and investment accounts.
• Performs year-end functions for financial programs.
• Assists with financial audits and prepares and reviews year-end accounting entries and financial statements.
• Acts as the main point of contact for the Auditors.
• Assists in the preparation of financial statements and submits required reports to the State.
• Monitors cash flow for funds and provides recommendations to the Director of Finance as it relates to borrowing and / or investing.
• Coordinates pupil accounting procedures in compliance with State pupil membership and reporting requirements.
• Assists with grant reporting including applicable cash draw processes, and verifies compliance with grant requirements.
• Works closely with the Business Office to create and implement internal controls for cash handling and other accounting functions.
• Directs and controls pupil accounting reports and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned by Director of Finance.