The Accountant provides accounting, budget support and data analysis for the Business Office, including specialized support for the Career Services and Technical Education (CSTE) department. This individual prepares district budgets, manages property tax activity, and performs general ledger accounting and reporting in close compliance with established procedures and policies.
• Performs budget analysis and preparation of budget material including budget development, budget revisions and monthly financial reports.
• Calculates and verifies state and federal CSTE revenue sources and provides information for budgets and projections.
• Completes reviews of expenditures to ensure they are classified appropriately and are in compliance with prescribed accounting standards.
• Conducts reasonableness tests and other procedures to verify data integrity.
• Manages property tax activity and completes associated documentation.
• Performs general ledger accounting and reporting, including reviewing and monitoring of accounts.
• Ensures effective accounting procedures to and efficient practices are in place.
• Coordinates year-end activities including year-end audit work papers and reports.
• Prepares financial statements and submits required reports to the State of Michigan.
• Keeps abreast of statutes, administrative rules and Michigan Department of Education interpretations to ensure compliance and accuracy of records and reports.
• Serves as the point of contact for financial inquiries for Ingham ISD staff as well as external government offices.
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.