The Accounts Payable / Accounting Specialist is responsible for utilizing financial software systems to process financial transactions in compliance with established policies and procedures.
• Prepares accounts payable checks and records related to accounting and banking transactions. Ensures vendor payments are authorized, accurate, paid timely, and maximize available cash discounts.
• Provides purchasing support which includes but is not limited to assistance with vendors, vendor files, purchase orders, and technical assistance with financial software. Monitors and relieves purchase orders at year end.
• Generates and distributes invoices to customers/outside groups, processes voids and/or adjustments to existing invoices, prepares and mails past due notices to customers, and performs related follow-up.
• Allocates and reconciles activity funds on a monthly basis, follows up with schools on discrepancies as needed, and provides periodic reporting of balances.
• Verifies monthly credit card expenditures are substantiated by proper and complete documentation before payment is made.
• Assists departments as needed with cash receipts which includes verification of money received, preparing the bank deposit, and posting revenues.
• Provides assistance and guidance to others including but not limited to, students, parents, community agencies, district staff, and others by evaluating the situation and determining the appropriate course of action, resource, or referral.
• Composes, prepares and edits reports, forms, letters, presentations, and other materials, which can be of a confidential nature.
• Provides some limited human resources support.
• Other duties as assigned by Director of Finance.