The Aquatics Center Director is responsible for aquatic center programming, marketing, staffing, operations, and related fiscal oversight.
• Implements aquatic programs and activities that meet community needs and expectations.
• Manages site safety and control.
• Oversees the private rental and swim lesson programs.
• Supervises the scheduling of events, teams, and staff.
• Handles revenue tracking, reporting and prepares bank deposits while seeking ways to maximize revenue, set fees and operate within budget parameters.
• Markets the aquatics center by managing the website, preparing articles for the Community Life and Community Education brochure, and is responsible for publicity related to the facility.
• Hires, trains, and evaluates staff which includes Lifeguards, Swim Lesson Instructors, Swim Club Coaches and Water Exercise Instructors.
• Creates effective monthly guard in-service programs and teaches or supervises Red Cross Guard and Water Safety Instructor (WSI) classes.
• Provides oversight for Hurricanes Swim Club and coordinates athletic and school use of the facility.
• Assists with pool chemistry, operations trouble-shooting, water changes and coordinates communication with the maintenance department.
• Orders parts, chemicals and supplies as needed.
• Maintains a safe facility and performs record-keeping and documentation as required by law and school policy.
• Ensures compliance with board policies, Red Cross standards and other state requirements.
• Other duties as directed by the Director of Hartland Community Education.