The Assistant Superintendent of Finance and Operations is responsible for leading and ensuring financial, operations, and management functions are operated in a legal and efficient manner. The incumbent is also responsible for contributing and providing strategic leadership for the functional groups of Finance and Operations.
• Provide executive leadership and supervision of accounting, financial services, and student operations functions of the district.
• Lead county-wide fiscal and operational cost efficiency and collaboration initiatives.
• Provide executive leadership in coordination with Oakland County Government on the development of property tax revenue projections and county wide economic forecast strategies.
• Monitor the development and implementation of all budget related activities. Present the budget, in accordance with Board policy, to Board of Education and local education agencies.
• Monitor the development and implementation of all risk management and investment strategies for the organization.
• Monitor legislation for all financial, organizational and educational impact and develop response and implementation strategies.
• Provide executive leadership and supervision of all fiscal related State and Federal compliance reporting.
• Lead the development and maintenance of the District’s Five Year Financial Forecast. Prepare necessary financial reports for long term planning of the district including new and renovated facilities.
• Other duties as assigned by Superintendent.