This position is responsible for directing the fiscal function of the school district in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and school district policy. This includes financial analysis, internal and external reporting, cash management, budgeting, financial accounting, financial forecasting, purchasing, contract administration, payroll, and fringe benefits.
• Prepares and monitors district budgets and associated accounting functions including long-range financial planning, cash flow, internal controls, and coordinates the external audit.
• Oversees and coordinates business support services including, purchasing, contract administration, employee benefit programs, district insurance, and business office supervision and performance evaluations.
• Analyzes all financial statements including the filing for local, state and federal reports.
• Supervises business office personnel and serves on the Superintendent’s Cabinet with a central role in school district planning and analysis of current programs and support systems.
• Participates in and supports collective bargaining negotiations.
• Other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.