The Business Manager oversees the overall financial operations of Gwinn Area Community Schools and is responsible for maintaining financial information for recording and reporting accounting statements and conditions. The incumbent is also responsible for administering the financial affairs of the organization, including the handling of funds, accounting and reporting procedures, and short and long-range financial planning. The incumbent maintains current cash flow information and provides accounting services essential to the preparation, administration, supervision, and control of the budget.
• Supervises the management of the financial affairs of the school district.
• Assumes responsibility for budget development and long-range financial planning.
• Member of Superintendent’s leadership team.
• Conducts year-end audit and state reporting (FID) and all business related reports required for state and federal purposes.
• Supervises all accounting and payroll operations.
• Responsible for administration of employee insurance plans.
• Manages the district’s property and liability insurance programs.
• Responsible for capital planning, development, acquisition and construction.
• Administers a budget control system for district.
• Acts as advisor to Superintendent on all issues relating to the business and financial affairs of the district.
• Assists with labor contract negotiations.
• Responsible for compliance with all school related laws.
• Participation in local and state professional associations.
• Maintains a cash account balance on a daily basis and monitors the organization’s online banking activity while balancing the checking account between all accounts.
• Prepares monthly and annual operating budgets by establishing schedules, collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data.
• Other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.