This position plays a significant role in the coordination and execution of supporting the Superintendent and Board of Education in a variety of administrative support related duties. Incumbent will support busy offices and must have the ability to work independently with minimal direction to prioritize and organize high volumes of work. Assists, processes, and maintains accurate and complete documentation. Communicates information by composing memos and correspondence to employees and others. Maintains current knowledge and is responsible for adhering to and communicating policies and procedures. Works in an office environment with a strong emphasis on exceptional customer service.
• Communications, research and confidential work pertaining to position.
• Coordinate school elections with Election Manager, City Clerk/County Clerk as it relates to submitting ballot language for ballot questions, school board vacancies, publishing candidate positions due to be elected, filing “Acceptance of Office” forms, etc., coordinating the payment of election expenses to the Election Manager and all other duties required of a school board secretary in conducting the school elections as prescribed by law.
• Draft marketing and public relations materials and communications, as directed by Superintendent.
• Assist Superintendent with updating/maintaining District website and social media accounts.
• Coordinate and prepare local, state and federal reports, as required.
• Maintain accurate information for the Michigan Department of Education’s Education Entity Master for the district.
• Attend board meetings, including special board meetings, and prepare agendas / minutes / and information for the board using meeting preparation software, includes legal notices and postings.
• Prepare resolutions and follow-up material following board meetings.
• Follow legal guidelines for student discipline hearings including timelines, certified letters, material for meeting and all follow-up letters / resolutions.
• Prepare and/or edit and revise board policy and administrative guideline information working with the District’s policy advisor and policy software for the superintendent’s and policy subcommittee’s review and subsequent action by the Board. Ensures Board approved revised policies are updated in the policy software.
• Assist in the process of schools of choice, transfer-in, release of students to and from other school districts with the District Registrar.
• Assist Superintendent with FOIA requests, timelines and responses.
• Reconcile monthly purchase card accounts for superintendent’s office.
• Participate in central office administrator meetings, as appropriate.
• Plan and organize all facets of back to school employee service recognition and end of year retirement events including awards from district and board of education.
• Send out student transcript requests during summer break when high school office is closed.
• Responsible for ensuring that the district phone line night transfer is complete at the end of each day.
• Assist general office duties such as answering central office phones and mail distribution.
• Perform allied or related duties as assigned by Superintendent.