Under the supervision of the Superintendent, the Communications Manager is accountable for coordinating and implementing internal and external strategic communications and marketing efforts on behalf of the district. This position works in concert with the district’s communications agency partners to implement daily, short-term and long-term communications and marketing efforts for both internal and external audiences.
• Oversees graphic design of print, social media campaigns, and communications tools for external and internal audiences.
• Creates and manages digital content including video and photography assets for the district’s social media and website.
• Manages advertising planning and execution.
• Develops content for communications and marketing to external and internal audiences.
• Develops tools to aid the district leadership’s communications to staff, such as talking points and presentation decks.
• Assists in managing district reputation; anticipates and advises BCPS on concerns from internal and external stakeholders.
• Creates, drafts, and edits content for weekly internal staff emails and monthly external district newsletter.
• Manages media relations, including building relationships with reporters, conducting proactive media outreach, responding to media inquiries, and developing press materials such as statements, pitch documents, and press releases.
• Manages digital media including oversight of a content calendar, content development, posting and management of social media channels (Facebook and LinkedIn).
• Fosters and develops relationships with a variety of stakeholders within the district, philanthropy, strategic partners (such as CBOs, faith groups, library, etc.) and community members.