This position is responsible for leading, planning and controlling the business affairs and financial management of the school district in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and school district policy. This includes financial analysis, internal and external reporting, cash management, budgeting, financial accounting, financial forecasting, purchasing, contract administration, payroll and fringe benefits, capital projects and bonding. This leadership position supervises finance office personnel, technology department, Director of Buildings and Grounds, and transportation services. Serves on the Superintendent’s Cabinet.
• Direct district fiscal functions and provide general administration of all accounting functions including internal controls.
• Prepare and monitor all district budgets using a collaborative approach, including long-range financial planning.
• Prepare and oversee the preparation of monthly district financial reports and ensure they meet all local, state, and federal requirements including timely submission.
• Provide supervision and leadership for business office staffing, Director of Building and Grounds, technology department leadership, pupil accounting, and oversee independent contractors.
• Effectively communicate and work with the Board of Education regarding financial reporting and other business and financial matters.
• Responsible for recommending the selection of carrier and method of providing all District property and liability insurance.
• Actively manages the District’s food service and transportation contracts.
• Administer district business contracts in consultation with legal counsel.
• Actively participate in employee negotiations as the district’s business and finance representative.
• Develop and implement systems aligned with the district strategic plan.
• Other duties as assigned by Superintendent.