Under the general supervision of the Superintendent, the Director of Business Services / CFO will be responsible to provide leadership for the district’s financial management and for implementing the mission and goals of the District. This includes but is not limited to, seeking continuous improvement of services provided; seeking to satisfy partner and customer needs within the parameters of current goals; providing leadership and latitude to staff to enable them to perform their jobs to the best of their potential, and seeking to make Shiawassee RESD employer of choice of current and future staff as well as the provider of choice of local educational agencies and all other customers.
• Oversees and directs the activities of payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, general accounting, cash management, internal controls, human resources, business services to other school districts.
• Act as the budget control and fiscal officer. Experience and training in accounting, investments, budget development, monitoring and reporting, technology, negotiations and regulatory compliance. Knowledge of Michigan school finance, legal and insurance matters.
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with the administrative team, Board members, professional and support staff, bargaining units, community members, municipal agencies and other organizations as required.
• Responsible for budget preparation and administration, long range budget planning for SRESD and local district customers.
• Responsible for the facilitation of the annual financial audit data collection and reporting.
• Responsible for the compliance reporting for Federal, State and Local funding sources.
• Responsible for the district risk management activities (property/casualty insurance, transportation/fleet insurance, workman’s compensation, monitor Affordable Care Act compliance, health, vision and dental plans.
• Monitor the cash flow and make projections, reconcile district financial reports.
• Monitor Maintenance of Effort and Indirect Rate Costs.
• Monitor the Property Tax collection, SEV and Tax Resolutions.
• Responsible for Budget Transparency and website data collection and reporting.
• Monitor the accounting system and internal controls of the district.
• Supervise all accounting operations and business services to other agencies.
• Supervise reconciliation of all bank accounts and investments.
• Purchase order approval, supervision for the payment of bills.
• Set up chart of accounts, accounting system security levels, close year end and open new year.
• Attendance at Board of Education meetings, prepare and present monthly financial board reports at board meetings.
• Supply financial reports as requested by appropriate agencies and individuals.
• Prepare and submit State and Federal Reports SE-4096, SE-4094, oversee State Aid and Federal Funds, responsible for the annual FID submission.
• Level 5 MEGs+ administrator and grants monitor, reporting of IFERs and FERs for various grants.
• Invoice various agencies for services rendered (monthly, quarterly, annually)
• Maintain fixed asset/inventory control of school property.
• Maintain 2x annually the Federal Program Employment Verification.
• Monitor and assist in Medicaid reporting and reimbursements.
• Research data compilation regarding legislative budget impact.
• Assist in preparing salary and benefit projections during negotiations.