Responsible for analyzing current systems and structures to increase outcomes for historically underrepresented groups, and supporting the implementation of goals within the District’s Equity Plan. Responsible for district human resource functions including staffing, hiring, counseling, policy administration and record keeping for all certified and non-certified staff. Plans, coordinates and supervises the operations of the human resources office. Participates in labor relations, benefits administration and special project as requested.
• Provide leadership and project management of the full diversity, equity, and inclusion district strategy.
• Partner with school leaders in the development and ongoing actions of school-based teams (staff, students, and parents) to carry out the goals of the District Equity plan.
• Serve as a faculty, parent and community liaison for the district's Equity plan.
• Coordinate and conduct equity, diversity, and inclusion training/professional development with the Assistant Superintendent for Instruction and Directors to impact all staff groups.
• Support administrators and teachers in addressing and responding to specific needs, including
modeling inclusive communication and equitable discipline with restorative practices.
• Provide equity, inclusion and diversity related training in coordination with the Assistant Superintendent for Instruction.
• Research evidence-based practices to strengthen and advance goals and strategies within the Equity plan.
• Review and assess district policies, practices, and decisions for impact on equity, and increase transparency on how district decisions and policies impact equity.
• Further develop strategies within the Human Resources Department to attract, retain, and promote a diverse workforce.
• Collaborate with district staff in the enhancement of existing systems to ensure equitable support for all learners.
• Produce, analyze, and deliver quarterly qualitative and quantitative data reports to the leadership team, superintendent, and school board.
• Monitors personnel policies and record keeping.
• Recruits, screens, interviews and recommends employment of all staff.
• Coordinates employee performance evaluation programs; recommends new or revised employee relations policies and procedures.
• Authorizes salaries and/or wages and prepares and monitors salary accounts.
• Administers provisions of collective bargaining agreements and/or district procedures dealing with staffing, transfers, discipline, leaves, resignations, retirement, benefits, vacations, absences and supplemental pay.
• Consults with and advises administrators and supervisors on contract interpretation and
implementation, as well as overall work with school district employees.
• Prepares legal research reports required by the District, Federal, State and outside agencies.
• Assures the instructional staff members are properly certified.
• Coordinates and implements all employee onboarding programs and mentoring programs.
• Facilitates district employee wellness programs.
• Supervises a substitute service for absent certified staff, and secretarial/clerical staff.
• Maintains and administers COBRA, A.D.A., ACA and F.M.L.A. compliance.
• Collaborates with the business office and payroll to streamline the systems of implementation and management.
• Interfaces and consults with District legal counsel on employment matters and ensure compliance with all federal and state laws.
• Directs the administration of the worker's compensation program.
• Responsible for district benefit administration, including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance and coordinates annual open enrollments.
• Serves as district representative to investigate and hear sexual harassment and Title IX complaints.
• Represents the Board as the chief negotiator in negotiating all collective bargaining agreements.
• Prepares, collects and compiles statistical and other pertinent data for effective collective bargaining.
• Serves as part of the central office administrative team; advises the superintendent.
• Other duties as assigned.