To provide the overall technology leadership, vision and management responsibilities for the integration and implementation of technology across the district.
• Develops, implements, reviews, evaluates and revises a short and long range plan for the application of media and instructional technology.
• Ensures that technology/media are integrated into the instructional and administrative programs.
• Oversees day to day technology operations as well as technical and network.
• Supervises and addresses concerns of Technology Department staff. Determines staff training and development needs and oversees the development and delivery of opportunities and experiences which enable staff to maintain and enhance technical skills and capacities to serve.
• Develops, implements and evaluates district-wide technology policies, standards, practices, disaster recovery, and security measures to assure the integrity and reliability of computerized information and communications systems.
• Assists in planning and implementing instructional and operational technology that supports and advances the strategic goals of the district.
• Leads multiple projects and supports/motivates effective teamwork to produce quality results.
• Maintains successful relationships with all buildings/departments and work effectively with staff throughout all levels of the organization to ensure that technology systems and solutions support identified needs.
• Collaborates with district technology coordinators in the implementation of new instructional technologies and makes recommendations related to program and system design, improvements and operations.
• Administers the selection process and acquisitions of hardware, software and other equipment purchases of the district, including installation in District facilities. Also administers the disposal of outdated printed materials and technology hardware and software according to Board and State policies.
• Uses a variety of assessment tools to understand the district’s technology needs and develops staff development activities and workshops in response to those needs and to evaluate the success of programs.
• Administers a plan for maintenance, repair and replacement of media and technology hardware, software, and other related equipment for the district.
• Supervises the library operations of the district by: coordinates LMC involvement in curriculum development and instructional improvement; ensuring that library circulation and automation procedures and standards are utilized throughout district; approving all library media and technology requisitions and purchases, administering the district library media and technology budgets.
• Oversees the technology budget and works with the Director of Finance on budgeting and purchasing, including developing RFP’s for large equipment replacements, vendor interaction and presentations to the Board of Education.
• Administers federal and State budgets and grants and applies for and completes all technology/media related plans, grants and reports.
• Implements a plan to centralize inventory and maintains an accurate inventory of hardware, software and equipment.
• Maintains and applies up-to-date knowledge of rules and regulations associated with federal and state programs in area of assignment including but not limited to: FCC, federal and state reporting mandates for business and student data management systems, federal and state technology funding, technology planning, product licenses and inventories of district hardware and software.
• Other duties as assigned.