To oversee all aspects of the District school nutrition and food service program. The job functions include administration, planning, implementation and evaluation of the program in order to meet the nutritional and educational needs of students, staff and families in the district.
• Oversees and coordinates the daily operation of the District’s food service program.
• Monitors food production and service to assure that planned menus are followed and that substitutions comply with meal requirements.
• Plans and approves menus that conform to Federal regulations and provide nutritional and appetizing foods.
• Collaborates with staff and families to plan menus for children with special dietary needs.
• Complies with all State and county health regulations and ensures sanitation and safety procedures in all phases of the food service program.
• Provides training and professional development to staff in areas of food production, sanitation, technology etc.
• Analyzes meal costs and recommends changes which allow for serving school meals to ensure maximum participation.
• Implements personnel policies and procedures in accordance with District polices, contracts and state and federal regulations including hiring, training and evaluating personnel.
• Develops and follows purchasing guidelines for food that reflect product knowledge, customer preference, district needs, policies and nutrition objectives.
• Determines equipment needs consistent with program budget and develops specifications for, solicits competitive prices and requisitions all food equipment and supplies for the department.
• Manages all financial aspects of the department including invoices, requisitions, payroll documents, etc.
• Establishes financial goals in alignment with annual budget and ensures all financial records and documentation are maintained in accordance with local, state and federal regulations and policies.
• Plans and implements work schedules and staffing levels based on annual budget and District need.
• Compiles daily reports on all food service operation as well as all reports required for MDE, local, State and federal government.
• Oversees process and compliance of applications for the Free/Reduced Lunch program and maintains accurate records for state audits.
• Monitors monthly use of inventory of food, supplies and products and ordering of USDA food commodities.
• Conducts and facilitates regular employee/staff meetings.
• Implements management information and technology systems that increase efficiency of the District food and nutrition program.
• Reviews current research and best practices to determine health and nutrition related trends to develop innovative program changes and expansions.
• Coordinates food and supply purchasing, preparations and personnel for special events and catering.