Oversees the maintenance and cleaning of all buildings and grounds for the Okemos Public Schools. Ensure that the District’s buildings and grounds are safe, clean attractive and fully functional. Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of all custodial, maintenance, grounds, delivery, and print shop personnel.
• Inspects all school buildings and grounds on a regular basis to ensure that a high standard of workmanship, cleanliness, safety and security is maintained. Conduct safety inspections, accident investigations and training programs.
• Establishes and administers work schedules and procedures for the regular ongoing care and maintenance of all buildings and grounds. Use of an electronic work order system.
• Communicates and responds to school principals, district staff, and external stakeholders on school facility issues (real or perceived) for the purpose of correcting and/or making repairs as appropriate. Resolves complaints, responds to requests for information and provides assistance.
• Determines and initiates the proper action to effectively and expeditiously complete needed repairs. Schedules and maintains preventative maintenance program.
• Develop and monitor Capital Improvement projects, including preparing specifications and cost estimates of proposed work. Develop and solicit bids for projects using the State website. Develops annual priority list of maintenance for all buildings.
• Prepares contract specifications for bid solicitation. Advertises, reviews and selects vendors to ensure the District selects the best value based upon lowest cost, most responsible and responsive bidder.
• Stays informed of the latest trends and products for the operation, maintenance and repair of facilities.
• Assists in preparation of annual budget for buildings and grounds activities.
• Develops and executes an energy management systems to ensure cost-effective services and low carbon footprint.
• Manages and oversees the districts electronic Energy Management System with overall goal of continually reducing energy consumption.
• Analyzes needs and makes recommendations for procurement of materials and supplies. Monitors storage, distribution and accounting of all materials and supplies.
• Plans and directs the work of all custodial, maintenance, grounds and delivery personnel involved in cleaning and maintaining district buildings and grounds.
• Assist and manage the electronic security system comprising door locks and cameras.
• Maintains compliance with all safety requirements including fire and life safety, occupational safety and MSDS to ensure safe operations of all facilities grounds and associated products.
• Maintains records and monitors plans related to ADA, asbestos (AHERA), Right-to-know, and other OSHA/MIOSHA standards, rules and regulations.
• Manages the Stormwater plan for the district in compliance with EPA/DEQ. Will need to be a certified Stormwater Manager by the State of Michigan.
• Responsible to manage the snow removal for the district at all buildings. Including sidewalks and salting of needed surfaces.