The Director of the Michigan Statewide Educational Network (MISEN) oversees the statewide educational network (SEN) initiative. The MISEN Director, in collaboration with the SEN Advisory Committee, will design and plan for the continued building and operation of the SEN. This position will oversee and coordinate the activities needed to carry out the work of MISEN. The MISEN Director will seek to build statewide collaboration and support to maximize the benefits for schools across Michigan. The MISEN Director will facilitate the SEN Advisory Committee and work with the Michigan Education Technology Leaders (METL) to gather statewide feedback and input.
• Reports to the MISEN Board.
• Collaborates with the Michigan Association of Intermediate School Administrators (MAISA), the Michigan Department of Education (MDE), Intermediate School Districts (ISDs) and other statewide partners.
• Provides overall project management for the work of the SEN.
• With the assistance of the SEN Advisory and contracted partners, the MISEN Director will: a) Oversee and coordinate the expansion and growth of the SEN to schools currently not connected, b) Design and oversee statewide RFPs for services that leverage the SEN, c) Ensure the successful operation of the SEN, including service delivery, security and disaster recovery, d) Design and coordinate for the support of the SEN and its related services, e) Build and maintain new and existing partnerships to sustain and grow the SEN, f) Work collaboratively with ISDs, LEAs and PSAs statewide, g) Seek opportunities to expand the reach and value of the SEN, h) Seek E-Rate funding for the work of this project, i) Ensure compliance with E-Rate requirements as applicable.
• Verifies and ensures all necessary contracts, agreements and documentation are kept up to date.
• Oversees staff and contracts that carry out work on behalf of the SEN.
• Works to build consensus among statewide stakeholders around the work of the SEN.
• Ensures all E-Rate process are followed and essential E-Rate documentation is in place.
• Consistently models Win-Win leadership.