Directs and administers Hazel Park School District’s business services including, general accounting, grant accounting, accounts payable and receivable, payroll, budget, treasury, cash management, debt service management, risk management, audit, procurement and financial reporting functions assuring proper management of the District’s financial resources, but excluding grant management, grant compliance, and grant monitoring. Administers contracts with third parties to provide food services, student transportation and facility operations and maintenance.
Must Apply By Date: Friday, January 19th
• Manages the accounting functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, grant accounting, and general accounting operations.
• Provides management of organizational treasury management functions including the maintenance of a long-term cash flow forecast and cash flow financing activities. Provides Financial Services including but not limited to collection of revenues, financial administration for bond issue proceeds and debt service, sinking fund administration.
• Provides management of the District’s budget development and management processes except the District shall be responsible for Grant Management, Grant Compliance, Grant Monitoring and for entering grant budgets onto the financial system.
• Oversees the management of the District’s annual audits.
• Provides supervision and leadership to the Maintenance and Operations Department and for capital construction.
• Administers contracts with any third-party providers of Food Services and Student Transportation.
• Develops and implements board policy and procedures relevant to the operations of the Business Office.
• Prepares applicable non-Grant local, state, and federal reports in accordance with applicable requirements, including financial reports.
• Collaborates with the legal counsel on the negotiation of Payment Plans with vendors and others who are owed payments by the District.
• Prepares, analyzes, and provides financial information for administrative decision-making.
• Ensures the establishment and maintenance of appropriate internal controls and system processes.
• Serves as the District’s representative and/or liaison to constituent groups, professional organizations and community organizations regarding business services.
• Leads the development and directs the implementation of strategic and/or financial and/or operational plans, projects, programs and systems that align with those of the District.
• Plans and administers the development, implementation and maintenance of standard operating procedures (SOP's) and technologies to comply with District requirements and improve operating quality and efficiency of the department.
• Promotes and supports the District’s culture by reinforcing Board of Education goals, policies and procedures and the District's vision, mission and continuous improvement plan.
• Attends and makes presentations at Regular or Special Board Meetings, Executive Sessions, and Board Work Sessions.
• Other duties as requested by Supervisor.