This position is responsible for overall human resources administration of the district, including labor relations and regulatory compliance of human resources operations. The incumbent serves as a member of the Superintendent’s team with a central role in school district planning and analysis of current programs, support systems and expenditures.
Application Deadline: Friday, March 15th
• Responsible for the organization, direction and administration of all human resources and labor relations activities of the district including workforce planning, talent acquisition, talent management, organizational development, training, evaluation, compensation and labor and employee relations.
• Oversees full life cycle workforce planning including sourcing, recruitment and staffing at all levels in the organization.
• Conducts job design, job analysis and the production of current and accurate job descriptions for all positions.
• Develops, updates and communicates personnel policies and procedures.
• Administers new hire compensation and salary increases to staff according to established policies.
• Conducts periodic salary and benefits surveys and reviews and recommends changes in employee compensation.
• Provides consultation and training to managers and supervisors in policies and procedures and their implementation.
• Responsible for maintenance of the official personnel files in conformance with state and federal law (Bullard Plawecki Employee Right to Know Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, HIPPA, and other applicable laws).
• Serves as primary liaison with attorneys representing personnel matters and establishes and monitors employment practices that minimize exposure to liability.
• Investigates all grievances and harassment claims, review policies and procedures to ensure legal and regulatory compliance.
• Administer all employee leaves in accordance with law and collective bargaining agreements.
• Assumes primary responsibility for on-going communication and interaction with Union Representatives.
• Other duties as assigned by Superintendent.