The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for the management of all accounting functions, annual and long-range budgets, current and long-term planning, and timely reporting of all financial matters. Significant areas of responsibility include accounting, budgeting, purchasing, insurances, internal and external audit, cash flow, compliance, and debt retirement functions.
• Oversees all financial and budgetary information for all operations/departments of the school district.
• Coordinates and develops the budget planning and implementation process, including budget preparation, administration and control.
• Develops a schedule for and conducts internal audits on accounts, accounting practices, and Business Department procedures as necessary.
• Responsible for reporting and compliance of the Affordable Care Act.
• Ensures proper and adequate records are maintained so that all district funds are properly safeguarded, all property is accounted for, and accurate financial reports are available to the Superintendent and Board of Education.
• Manages the district’s insurance programs, including property and casualty, liability, worker’s compensation and unemployment.
• Supervises activity fund accounts which include execution of procedures to ensure proper receipts for monies received, the issuance of checks upon preparation of authorization, preparation of monthly reports of fund balances and annual reconciliation of each fund account.
• Responsible for the annual financial audit, coordinates preparation of necessary schedules and reports and serves as the District’s liaison with audit staff.
• Oversees the maintenance of the debt retirement accounts of the school district and recommends the annual debt retirement millage rate.
• Responsible for all bank statement reconciliations, deposits and posting of receipts and journal entries to the general ledger.
• Administers a comprehensive program of analysis, evaluation, planning and forecasting for all of the District’s non-instructional operations.
• Keeps the Superintendent and Board informed about all aspects of the operating condition of the District.
• Monitors compliance regarding purchases through competitive bidding, informal quotations and negotiations.
• Assists with labor contract negotiations at the direction of the Superintendent and provides necessary and pertinent financial data to the district negotiating team.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.