This position is responsible for administering critical human resources processes within the District including supporting the recruitment and selection process of certified instructional staff, managing and coordinating certified instructional staff evaluations and professional development, oversight of certifications and employment contracts and administering instructional employee contracts, including collective bargaining agreements. This position also serves as a member of the administrative negotiating team during collective bargaining. This position is also the Title IX Coordinator for staff for Battle Creek Public Schools. Additional areas of responsibility are compensation benchmarking and planning, benefits negotiations and communication and employee relations support.
• Supports recruitment and selection of staff in partnership with the Human Resources Coordinator- Recruiting
• Oversees HR Data Management and data processes
• Ensures all hiring process and employee records are in compliance with all legal requirements.
• Provides current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, and employee benefits.
• Assists with identifying training needs with feedback from administrators, principals, and coordinators.
• Assists in designing and maintaining District personnel policies, procedures, and programs and assures employee adherence to such matters.
• In conjunction with the Chief Human Resources Officer, recommends, drafts and revises board policies relating to human resources.
• Maintains records and compiles statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, turnover, resignations, retirements, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates, etc.
• Supports the Chief Human Resources Officer in labor contract administration.
• Prepares staffing forecasts in support of school and district administrators.
• Responsible for salary administration for certified bargaining units and other district positions
• Analyzes and recommends modifications of compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
• Performs the functions of Title IX Coordinator for the District
• Manages employee relations for specific functions as assigned by the CHRO
• Serves as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
• Researches and stays abreast of changes within the Human Resources area, i.e., healthcare, workers' compensation, labor relations, contract administration, job analysis, salary system development, and suggests changes and/or modifications program/policy as needed.
• Reviews requests from staff for workplace accommodation and determine if specific requests meet the requisite requirement for Americans Disability Act/504 and/or related disability laws.
• Coordinates with Human Resources Coordinator-Recruiting to ensure work of the department is performed in a timely manner and meeting the needs of the district.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Chief Human Resources Officer.