Provide assistance to Agency staff and timekeepers regarding payroll practices and processes; process payroll related data to ensure the timely and accurate payment, recording and reporting of payroll transactions for Agency personnel.
Assist the Human Resource department in daily operations by providing support and maintaining multiple information systems. Performs general administrative support duties including data collection, scanning, file maintenance, and routine analysis. Follows up with candidates, employees, and staff as needed to acquire information to ensure the Human Resource Information System is up to date.
- Performs Human Resource functions including: processing new hire paper work, preparing new employee packets, preparing payroll, processing background checks, scheduling interviews, notifying applicants when positions have been filled.
- Supports the maintenance of electronic personnel files through the filing and verification of required content.
- Performs general tasks in day-to-day function of position including scanning, filing, use of software programs, and general clerical duties.
- Uses established policies and procedures to accurately process time sheets, payroll, using the SMART payroll system.
- Distributes, collects, reviews/analyzes, corrects/resolves discrepancies, processes, and reconciles time cards and attendance data for District personnel; stuffs, separates, and distributes paychecks throughout Agency.
- Utilizes the appropriate software applications, consistent with established District policy/procedure, to maintain records/files, track employee attendance, track community sick bank, order supplies, etc.
- Performs receptionist-related duties, included but not limited to greeting visitors and staff upon arrival/departure, operating a multi-line computerized phone system/routing calls as necessary and providing receipts to customers as necessary.
Performs other duties as assigned.