Under the general direction of the administrator and in compliance with established policies, procedures and practices, works with a team to perform a variety of tasks related to accounting, payroll, employee benefits and leaves for the Ingham Intermediate School District and/or constituent school districts.
• Performs all activities necessary to process one or more payrolls, including but not limited to maintaining related records, filing tax reports and voluntary deduction reports and processing involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments.
• Provides accounting support and assists with audit preparation.
• Assists with new staff orientation for payroll and benefits
• Responds to payroll and benefits inquiries from employees on paychecks, benefit plan provisions and enrollments, status changes, claims issues and other general inquiries.
• Processes leave-of-absence requests, including FMLA.
• Prepares annual contracts, supplemental contracts, wage memos, new hire information and employee status changes.
• Coordinates annual open enrollment process and processes annual benefit open enrollment changes.
• Balances and processes benefit bills.
• Processes long term disability, workers’ compensation and other insurance claims.
• Performs other duties as assigned.