Under the general direction of the Director of Finance and in compliance with established policies, procedures and practices, works with a team to perform a variety of tasks related to payroll for Northwest Educational Services.
• Reconcile and process payroll for all Intermediate School District employees on following established payroll process and procedures.
• Process any changes to wages or deductions as needed for salary adjustments, garnishments, benefit changes, etc.
• Review time entry report for accuracy and work with various departments to correct any discrepancies.
• Prepare and reconcile all Local, Federal and State payroll tax deposits and appropriate reports.
• Process direct deposit and provide payroll transfer information by applicable deadlines.
• Upload, process, and reconcile payroll information to the ORS accounting system, ensuring each payroll is in balance and payment is made timely.
• Maintain an efficient system to ensure accurate payroll processing and timely reporting deadlines
• Create annual payroll calendar and corresponding schedule of deadlines.
• Calculate and process step/schedule changes, salary adjustments, paid time off pay-outs, and other payments in accordance with employee contracts.
• Ensure all applicable reporting required by the state, county, and federal agencies is completed timely and accurately, including but not limited to 941’s, UIA reporting, State of MI form 5080, and year-end W-2’s.
• Support audit workpaper preparations as requested.
• Maintain physical and electronic personnel files and retention of records policies for all staff members of the ISD.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.