Under the general
supervision of the Superintendent, the Director of Finance will be responsible
to provide leadership for the district’s financial management and for
implementing the mission and goals of the District. This includes but is not limited
to, seeking continuous improvement of services provided; seeking to satisfy
partner and customer needs within the parameters of current goals; providing
leadership and latitude to staff to enable them to perform their jobs to the
best of their potential, and seeking to make Shiawassee RESD an employer of
choice of current and future staff as well as the provider of choice of local
educational agencies and all other customers.
• Oversees and directs the activities of payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, general accounting, cash management, internal controls, human resources and business services to other school districts.
• Acts as the budget control and fiscal officer. Experience and training in accounting, investments, budget development, monitoring and reporting, technology, negotiations and regulatory compliance. Knowledge of Michigan school finance, legal and insurance matters.
• Possesses the ability to communicate and work effectively with the administrative team, Board members, professional and support staff, bargaining units, community members, municipal agencies and other organizations, as required.
• Responsible for budget preparation and administration, long range budget planning.
• Responsible for the facilitation of the annual financial audit data collection reporting.
• Responsible for the compliance reporting for Federal, State and Local funding sources.
• Responsible for the district risk management activities (property/casualty insurance, transportation/fleet insurance, workman’s compensation, monitor Affordable Care Act compliance, health, vision and dental plans).
• Monitor the cash flow and make projections, reconcile district financial reports.
• Monitors Maintenance of Effort and Indirect Rate Costs.
• Monitor the Property Tax collection, SEV and Tax Resolutions.
• Responsible for Budget Transparency and website data collection and reporting.
• Monitor the accounting system and internal controls of the district.
• Supervise all accounting operations and business services to other agencies.
• Supervise reconciliation of all bank accounts and investments.
• Purchase order approval, supervision for the payment of bills.
• Set up chart of accounts, accounting system security levels, close year-end and open new year.
• Attendance at Board of Education meetings, prepare and present monthly financial board reports at board meetings.
• Supply financial reports as requested by appropriate agency and individuals.
• Prepare and submit State and Federal Reports SE-4096, SE-4094, oversee State Aid and Federal Funds, responsible for the annual FID submission.
• Level 5 MEGs+ administrator and grants monitor, reporting of IFERs and FERs for various grants.
• Invoice various agencies for services rendered (monthly, quarterly, annually)
• Maintain fixed asset/inventory control of school property.
• Maintain 2x annually the Federal Program Employment Verification.
• Monitor and assist in Medicaid reporting and reimbursements.
• Research data compilation in regards to legislative budget impact.
• Assist in preparing salary and benefit projections during negotiations.