The Transportation Supervisor is responsible for directing the daily operations of the transportation department, to assure safe and efficient pupil transportation, and routing scheduling in support of the school district’s instructional and activity programs for students. This position requires strong proven abilities in organization, leadership and human relationships. Drivers are employees of the Livingston Educational Service Agency (LESA), Regional Transportation Collaborative (RTC).
• Provides leadership to the Transportation department on day-to-day operations. Monitors daily operations to assure that work is performed efficiently and in accordance with appropriate regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines.
• Performs road checks during periods of inclement weather, provides recommendations to the Director of Operations.
• Responds to routine personnel questions or concerns in compliance with the LESA RTC handbook and district policy.
• Establishes and maintains positive customer relationships with parents, schools, and departments. Coordinates with transportation department staff, schools, and parents.
• Coordinates and designs efficient bus routes and schedules, including athletic trips and field trips.
• Provide instruction, training and professional development to drivers in partnership with LESA RTC.
• Coordinates and assists with the district transportation training program, collision investigations, safety programs, student management, drug and alcohol testing, bus driver performance evaluations and staff development in partnership with LESA RTC.
• Meets regularly with Director of Operations to provide information on operational issues, including changes in pupil transportation regulations and guidelines.
• Reviews and appropriately responds to passenger behavior concerns, and works effectively with parents to resolve transportation issues.
• Carries out responsibilities including interviewing, hiring, disciplining, and evaluating of department employees in partnership with LESA RTC.
• Performs any other related duties as required or assigned.