The Transportation Supervisor is responsible for the organization, administration, and supervision of the school district transportation area in accordance with state law and school and district policies.
• Organizes and implements a pupil transportation system within the policies of the Board of Education.
• Prepares transportation and payroll information.
• Periodically checks and monitors bus driver driving records to ensure student safety.
• Maintains records for the preparation of state and local reports such as inventories, number of pupils transported, route mileage, time records, special trip records, traffic accidents, and other required reports.
• Makes recommendations that may improve transportation services and efficiency such as rules and regulations for drivers and pupil conduct.
• Develops efficient bus routes and schedules.
• Conforms to state laws and regulations as it relates to school transportation.
• Leads the driver education program for school bus drivers.
• Ensures that that bus fleet is maintained in accordance with guidelines provided by the Michigan Department of Education and the Michigan State Police.
• Recruits, trains, and supervises transportation personnel and makes recommendation on their employment, transfer, promotion, and release.
• Confirms that all school bus drivers meet applicable federal, state, and Department of Education requirements.
• Acts as a liaison to parents for complains or special requests.
• Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Transportation.