This position is responsible for directing the fiscal functions of the school district in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and school district policy. This includes financial analysis, internal and external reporting, cash management, budgeting, financial accounting, financial forecasting, purchasing, contract administration, pupil accounting, payroll, and fringe benefits. This position will also be responsible for supervising business office personnel and will serve on the Superintendent’s Leadership Team with a central role in school district planning and analysis of current programs and support systems.
• Manages the District’s budget and oversees related functional areas including accounting, purchasing, food service, and other related business services, which includes management of staff.
• Establishes and develops up-to-date systems of financial accounting that meet the requirements of state, federal, and Department of Education auditors.
• Direct district fiscal functions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and district policy.
• Prepare and monitor all district budgets, including long-range financial planning in a collaborative approach with departmental leadership.
• General administration of accounting functions for all district funds including internal controls.
• Prepare and oversee the preparation of monthly district financial reports and ensure they meet all local, state, and federal requirements including timely submission.
• Prepare district year-end financial statements and coordinate the annual financial audit report.
• Participate with county and state organizations to stay abreast of school finance reform and other district-related issues.
• Work with the Superintendent and district administrators and supervisors to analyze and review and make recommendations regarding periodic capital improvement needs.
• Analyzes and interprets legislative analysis relating to financial issues that may affect revenue or expenditure projections.
• Researches inquiries from departments, suppliers, and the Board on financial matters important to the district.
• Other duties as assigned by Superintendent.