The Junior Accountant is responsible for performing a variety of accounting duties including preparing, maintaining, analyzing, verifying, and reconciling financial statements. This role maintains the accuracy of the organization’s ledgers and subsidiary financial systems and assists the Senior Accounting Manager and Project Manager in preparing budgets, the annual audit and year-end close.
• Supports the preparation of the general ledger and financial reporting services for the Institutes, Societies and Councils and related funds of Michigan Realtors®.
• Assists the Senior Accounting Manager with the annual audits, reviews, tax returns and preparation and organization of departmental budgets.
• Complies with Federal, State, and local legal requirements related to Association and non-profit accounting, and ensures adherence to requirements for files and financial reports.
• Maintains Corporate purchasing credit card; tracks usage and collects the necessary business receipts and documentation; prepares and reconciles monthly credit card activity reports; prepares credit card reporting for cardholders, as assigned.
• Provides back-up support to the functions of the Accounting Specialist.
• Supports the accounting functions across all Michigan Realtors® entities.
• Provides a superior experience for members and industry partners by bringing passion, dedication, and integrity to the job every day.
• Performs other related duties, as assigned.