As a member-based association dedicated to protecting and enhancing pension and health insurance benefits for all Michigan public school retirees, providing excellent service to our members is vital to achieving our mission. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant manages the initial point of contact for all member inquiries, reinforces policies and processes related to meetings and membership, and looks for new ways to deliver member satisfaction. In addition, working closely with the Executive Director, they will manage office functions including postal mail, email, and phone systems and processes. This position works closely with staff throughout the organization, including membership, communications, events, and finance, to help achieve organizational goals and objectives. This is a full-time, 40-hour per week position based out of an appropriate home office with minimal travel required.
• Serve as the first point of contact for incoming inquiries and responsible for providing exceptional service and prompt resolutions to all matters.
• Corresponds with members through various communication methods resolving problems, obtaining and relaying information, and responding to inquiries and complaints.
• Make necessary and appropriate updates to systems related to member/customer information, event registrations, and communications.
• Make suggestions or improvements to operational efficiencies and customer service trends.
• Ensure internal operational efficiencies through technology, communications, information systems, and process improvement tools including auditing policies and procedures.
• Assist the Membership Coordinator with batching and posting membership dues and a high degree of integrity and accuracy.
• Assist the Communications Coordinator with drafting and proofreading communications.
• Assist the Events Coordinator with supporting meetings and events.
• Assist the Finance Coordinator with chapter checks and donation recognition.
• Manage office functions including postal mail, email, and phone systems and processes.
• Facilitate workflow for scholarships, awards, and certificates.
• Manage the postal mail, email, and phone systems and processes.
• Maintain ongoing knowledge of the Michigan public school retiree systems and processes.
• Prepare regular reports to stakeholders on area responsibilities and the status of projects.
• Attend and support events as requested.
• Contribute ideas and input to enhance the successful operation of the organization.
• Willingly and positively assist other staff/volunteers when needed.
• Support the overall goals and objectives of the association through additional responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director.