Primary function is to supervise and administer compensation programs (including payroll & payroll tax compliance), health and welfare benefits, local and state withholding and unemployment taxes. Serve as an administrator to the company’s 401k, ESPP and Stock Option program. Ensuring that the organization is in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Plan, direct, and supervise all activities relating to the Compensation and Benefits Administration.
• Assists in evaluating and negotiating annual reviews for the Company’s insurance programs.
• Develop, implement and control compensation programs in a manner that ensures cost-effectiveness, market competitiveness, and internal equity among employees; participate in market analysis and compensation studies to derive external market competitiveness.
• Oversees all aspects of Payroll compliance – works closely with HRIS Manager to ensure system is aligned with reporting requirements. (HRIS Team processes payroll)
• Insures distribution of appropriate documentation to New Hires and current employees according to ERISA guidelines.
• Audits and approves benefit bills for payment.
• Actively participates in planning and implementing annual open enrollment.
• Serves as 401(k) administrator; signer for 401(k) loan authorizations and distributions, audits entry and timeliness of all 401(k) documents and participant contribution submissions, signs eligibility forms, supervises newly eligible upload payroll contribution data, downloads and saves to file all non-contribution 401(k) reports.
• Serves as ESPP, Stock Option administrator.
• Stays abreast in area of benefit and compensation administration in order to assist in developing, implementing, and managing employee benefits and compensation plan.
• Prepares analysis and presentations as requested by Corporate Sr. Director of Human Resources or other member of Senior Management.
• Oversee and Administer ADA and FMLA process for domestic locations.
• Monitor all UI rates, review, and respond to all unemployment hearings and requests for information.
• Manages and oversees Canadian Payroll through ADP and assures compliance.
• Maintains all state and local withholding and unemployment taxes, working closely with HRIS Manager to ensure Workday is aligned with taxation requirements.
• Maintain OSHA logs and Reporting in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
• Workers Compensation Management, Administration, and Reporting for the entire domestic corporation.
• Act as liaison to the Safety Council, EHS Compliance Manager, and Divisions on all safety and workers compensation matters.
• Must be able to conform to a high standard of confidentiality.