As part of the Foundation’s Administrative team, the Accounting Assistant plays a key role in helping ensure effective and efficient operations. While successfully executing daily recurring tasks related to both payment and receipting, payroll, and investment activities, the position will also require assistance in recurring but less frequent activities related to grant reporting. The position can also provide opportunities to evaluate internal processes and work collaboratively toward continuous improvement.
The ideal candidate will desire to be part of a service function within a growing organization that is helping to make Genesee County a better place to live, work, and play. For Good. For Ever. For Everyone. CFGF employees must be willing to embrace the Foundation’s overall commitment to equity.
• Prepares and processes biweekly payroll, reviews and ensures accuracy of approved timesheets and tracks and deducts garnishments and other special payroll deductions.
• Performs the accounts payable function for recurring Foundation payment processes for both grants and operating transactions.
• Assists in receipting processes, including transaction postings and remote deposit capture.
• Assists in the preparation of the annual operating budget and grant budgeting processes.
• Maintains and updates databases, including the vendor master file, spreadsheets, and required records per company policy.
• Exercises appropriate discretion in the protection and release of confidential information.
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.