The Associate Program Officer reports to the Vice President of Community Impact and provides support to the grantmaking and program initiatives of the Community Foundation of Greater Flint (Community Foundation). The incumbent also represents the Foundation with community groups, assists Community Foundation staff and volunteers in identifying community needs, and implementing program strategies to meet those needs.
• Manages general inquiries from nonprofit organizations and individuals regarding the Community Foundation’s grantmaking programs.
• Works across departments to build consistency in the grant making process; serving as the point person handling the submission of grant application to receipt of the final report.
• Reviews and approves grant award packets prior to notification of the award.
• Assists with the grant review function and prepares formal written reviews of grant applications.
• Ensures grants are coded accurately and consistently in the Community Foundation’s database.
• Produces reports from Community Foundation’s database and analyzes grantmaking activities as needed.
• Supports the Program Officers in their work with volunteer advisory committees, including assisting with meeting preparation, participation in committee meetings, and drafting meeting minutes or summaries.
• Ensures an accurate, timely, efficient and transparent process for the entire grant life cycle, including pre-award management, tracking payments, reviewing or producing relevant reports, monitoring and post-award management.
• Responsible for the data entry and processing of annual designated distributions.
• Monitors grants for compliance with IRS regulations and terms of grant, reviews interim reports and performance.
• Represents the Community Foundation in meetings with current and potential grantees.
• Other duties as assigned by Vice President of Community Impact.