Catamaran is the system used by the state to promote positive outcomes and ensure compliance with the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) of 2004 and the Michigan Administrative Rules for Special Education. Catamaran was designed to help locals analyze and interpret data and keep track of all monitoring activities in a single location. Catamaran reflects the priorities of IDEA and the State Performance Plan and is aligned with the School Improvement Framework. The Catamaran director will manage the Catamaran project, a statewide special education compliance and improvement system, for Public Sector Consultants. The director is responsible for guiding the system’s development and rollout.
• Develop timelines and establish deliverables with input from Public Sector Consultants (PSC) staff, subcontractors, and the client.
• Manage PSC staff and subcontractors toward achieving timeline and deliverables.
• Monitor status of timelines and deliverables and adjust as needed to ensure deadlines are met.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for the client and work with PSC staff and subcontractors to quickly respond to any issues.
• Identify opportunities to use the system to further support the client’s work.
• Maintain strong relationships with client representatives and stakeholders.
• Initiate analysis of the business process for new workflows to be developed in Catamaran.
• Verify that the programmed system meets all technical requirements.
• Oversee ongoing change management processes as new functions are introduced.
• Manage the project budget.
• Learn about the policy environment surrounding the system (including state and federal regulations related to special education).
• Develop a vision for the work in collaboration with PSC staff, subcontractors, and client.
• Assist with development of the annual project scope in conjunction with PSC’s project sponsor and the client.
• Other duties as assigned by management.