The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) receives direction from the Lakeshore Regional Entity (LRE) Board and, in collaboration with the CEO’s of partnering Community Mental Health Service Providers (CMHSPs) and the contracted Managed Care Organization (MCO), the CEO ensures that all Pre-Paid Inpatient Health Plan (PIHP) functions are carried out in a manner that improves the lives of people with mental illness, developmental disability, and substance use disorders in Allegan, Kent, Lake, Mason, Muskegon, Oceana, and Ottawa counties The CEO serves as the contract manager and spokesperson for the region and is the interface between the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS), the CMHSPs of the Lakeshore Region, and the contracted Managed Care Organization for all publicly funded services as defined by the Michigan Mental Health Code. The CEO ensures regulatory compliance, promotes efficiency and effectiveness by providing leadership, facilitation, and stewardship of the regional resources.
• Present reports and recommendations to the Board of Directors that are timely and accurate including an Annual Report and Audited Financial Report.
• Ensure compliance with all PIHP Policy and Procedures.
• Facilitate PIHP committee activity.
• Oversight and accountable for collaboration with the operations of key vendors.
• Develop and lead the strategic planning efforts for the region with emphasis on a facilitative approach and process to engage the Board of Directors, CMHSPs, Persons Served, and Stakeholders.
• Represent the Region in collaborations with the Statewide PIHP and CMHSP members.
• Ensure that all mandatory reporting to MDHHS is completed accurately and timely.
• Monitor Regional and Administrative budgets to ensure accuracy and efficient use of funds.
• Motivate, lead and develop staff; carry out supervisory responsibility in accordance with entity policies, procedures and applicable laws; provide training in job skills; plan, assign, and direct work; appraise performance; address complaints and resolve problems.
• Manage and monitor delegated functions and contracted.
• Work collaboratively with Operations Committee of CMHSP CEOs and a diverse group of board members from 5 CMHSPs.
• Ensure that the voice of Persons Served, families and the supporters of Persons Served is heard, honored, and reflected in the work of Lakeshore Regional Entity in a meaningful and substantive manner.
• Ensure compliance with all MDHHS or other accreditation standards.
• Oversee/manage operational and administrative services provided by the contracted MCO.
• Promote and protect the integrity of the Behavioral Health system and service delivery.
• Ensure Behavioral Health services continue to be a priority for the region as the integration process evolves.
• Serve the LRE Board with complete transparency by providing all pertinent information in an accurate, complete, and timely manner.
• Assist the LRE Board in fulfilling its obligation to the CMHSPs and consumers which is to bring about the success and stability of the region.
• Interact with all health care and SUD providers.
• Perform other duties as assigned.