EC3’s CEO has a heart for children, families, and teachers; a mind for effective, high-quality business and financial management; a spirit for marketing and public relations; and a sense of humor for everything else.
The CEO serves as the primary fiduciary and strategic leader of this independent, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, and is responsible for managing the daily operations regarding facilities, talent, budget and finance, emergency response, development and fundraising, marketing/PR, enrollment, and all regulatory matters, including accreditation and state licensing. Major job functions include executive oversight and direction in meeting EC3’s strategic goals, organization and facilitation of all governance activities, communication with EC3 stakeholders, and leadership/development of staff and Board members.
• Understand, support, and adhere to EC3’s bylaws and governance policies.
• Serve as EC3’s licensee designee as required by LARA’s Child Care Licensing Bureau.
• Develop and manage an annual budget over $1.8 million; prepare and present monthly financial statements; oversee annual financial review and submission of IRS documents; oversee all accounting and bookkeeping processes; manage and evaluate all vendor relationships and contracts.
• Directly supervise administrative and facilities personnel, and provide leadership and
indirect supervision for all other personnel; oversee biweekly payroll procedures and
comply with all regulatory reporting/filing requirements; administer, evaluate, and
communicate all employee benefits; oversee annual staff performance and development
• Oversee the maintenance and improvement of all real property and equipment; administer and evaluate commercial insurance policies; collaborate with constituent and community families/groups in property use and upkeep.
• Manage all public and private grants and donations; lead development and fundraising efforts; serve as primary spokesperson for EC3 with media and community groups; advocate on behalf of early learning.