The organization’s CEO has a mind for effective, high-quality business and financial management; a spirit for marketing and public relations; a heart for clients in service to the mission; and a sense of humor for everything else.
The CEO serves as the primary fiduciary and strategic leader of this independent, 501(c)(3) service organization, and is responsible for managing the daily operations regarding facilities, talent, budget and finance, emergency response, development and fundraising, marketing/PR, and all regulatory matters. Major job functions include executive oversight and direction in meeting the organization’s strategic goals; organization and facilitation of all governance activities; communication with the organization’s stakeholders; and leadership/development of staff and Board members. The ideal candidate has extensive budgeting, accounting, and finance skills, nonprofit policy general knowledge, and experience fundraising, working with Boards, advocating, and making mission-driven decisions independently.
This position is not suitable for remote work.
• Understand, execute, and adhere to the organization’s bylaws and governance policies.
• Develop and manage an annual budget over $1.8 million; prepare and present quarterly financial statements in conjunction with the Board Treasurer; oversee annual financial review and submission of IRS documents; oversee all accounting and bookkeeping processes; manage and evaluate all vendor relationships and contracts.
• Directly supervise administrative and facilities personnel, and provide leadership and indirect supervision for all other personnel; oversee biweekly payroll procedures and comply with all regulatory reporting/filing requirements; administer, evaluate, and communicate all employee benefits; oversee annual staff performance and development process.
• Oversee the maintenance and improvement of all real property and equipment; administer and evaluate commercial insurance policies; collaborate with constituent and community groups in property use and upkeep.
• Manage all public and private grants and donations; lead development and fundraising
efforts; serve as primary spokesperson for the organization with media and community groups.