All positions at Eaton Community Bank require a high level of commitment to exceptional customer service and customer relationship development for internal and external customers. In addition, employees must possess the level of product knowledge necessary to effectively promote the Bank’s products and services by identifying cross selling opportunities, educating customers regarding the benefits of the Bank’s products and services, and effectively promoting them.
A department head and member of senior management, the Chief Lending Officer is responsible for overseeing all facets of the Bank’s lending. Broadly defined, this position is responsible for loan production, underwriting, closing, servicing, collections, repossessed asset disposition, implementation of policy related to lending, regulatory compliance, and management of lending staff. Working closely with the President and the Board of Directors, the Chief Lending Officer helps steer the strategic direction of the Bank by helping to determine what types of lending the Bank will pursue, the appropriate level of credit risk to be accepted, loan pricing and lending policy.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW A LETTER FROM TIM JEWELL, PRESIDENT OF EATON COMMUNITY BANK.
• Assists the President and the Board of Directors in determining the nature of the Lending Department including what types of lending the Bank should pursue, staffing, system needs, loan marketing, selection of vendors, and secondary market participation.
• Assists the President in developing lending policy including determining appropriate loan underwriting standards.
• Implements lending policy including working closely with the Loan Operations Officer developing and implementing all necessary procedures, processes, systems, etc.
• Insures adequate loan production by developing and coordinating the Bank’s business development efforts as they relate to lending.
• Oversees all aspects of the Bank’s lending operations including product development, pricing, vendor selection, vendor management, underwriting, closing, servicing, collections and repossessed asset disposition.
• Supervises and develops lending staff; implements HR policy and procedure within the lending department; conducts performance evaluations, establishes objectives and monitors staff performance.
• Exercises loan approval authority in accordance with Bank policy and Board approved limits.
• Assists others in the development of business by reinforcing Eaton Community’s Consultative Sales Culture. Mentors and teaches lending employees how to increase market share and provide the best customer satisfaction.
• As needed, services customers directly by taking loan applications, performing closing, answering questions or otherwise providing for customer needs.
• Performs collection duties on delinquent loans by contacting delinquent borrowers, arranging payment schedules and otherwise collecting on past due accounts in accordance with bank policy.
• Manages the Bank’s collateral repossession management and disposition activities. Minimizes the time necessary to affect repossessions and maximizing the amount realized from dispositions.
• Reviews delinquent reports, prepares REO/REJ reports and recommends accounts requiring special handling to the Board of Directors. Prepares monthly non?accrual report.
• Ensures the lending department’s compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Coordinates the department’s efforts to satisfy audits and examinations and ensures the necessary corrective actions are taken in response to findings.
• Promotes teamwork and open communication within the department, branches, and within the bank as a whole. Leads by example.
• Participates in monthly Management Meetings, ALCO and other bank management meetings.
• Maintains positive community image.
• Participates in community service opportunities.
• Completes all training assignments in a timely manner.
• Completes the Bank’s Leadership Academy.
• Ensures all lending employees complete all training assignments in a timely manner.