The Commercial Credit Analyst is responsible for supporting quality loan origination, analysis, processing and reporting of business loans. Prepares written analysis on new loan applications to measure financial strengths and weaknesses of borrowers and guarantors, collateral adequacy and general credit worthiness to help ensure sound, comprehensive decisions are made in the credit approval process.
• Develops and reviews pertinent credit and financial information for use by business department personnel and loan committee members in making lending decisions on new, renewal, and extension loans.
• Prepares written credit memorandums on all new loans, renewals, extension and modifications relative to financial strengths and weaknesses of borrowers, risk assessments, strength of guarantors, industry analysis, collateral and loan structures with opinions as to credit worthiness.
• Gathers information on actual and prospective borrowers through inquiries and investigations with trade suppliers, financial institutions, appraisers, professional firms or individuals and in-house information on borrowers relative to relationship, outstanding exposure limits and profitability.
• Accompanies the Business Services Manager on calls to develop more information on the companies being analyzed and better assess the risks associated with the credit.
• Provide assistance with annual loan reviews, ensuring that extensions of credit adhere to credit union policies.
• Reviews and ensures all risk ratings are appropriate and updated as needed.
• Trains and educates members on credit analysis and underwriting guidelines.
• Spread financial statements as needed through financial software and subsequently analyze system-generated reports for preparation of written reviews.
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.