The Commercial Lender position develops and maintains strong and profitable commercial banking relationships with businesses and businesspersons within our communities. Efforts are directed primarily toward commercial loan growth and deepening banking relationships with commercial borrowers including deposit accounts and related services.
• Develops business customer and referral source relationships that result in lending and deposit accounts opportunities for the Bank. Regularly calls on businesses and referral sources outside the Bank.
• Pursues leads, follows up with prospective loan applicants and otherwise does what is necessary to secure a steady flow of loan applications.
• Works directly with loan customers answering questions, determining appropriate lending products, determining appropriate loan structures, assisting with applications, following up and processing loan requests.
• Identifies other non-lending customer needs, educates customers on the benefits of Bank products and makes referrals to other Bank personnel such as CSR’s or the Financial Services Representative as appropriate.
• Maintains contact with and reviews the performance of commercial borrowers by monitoring payment status, requesting and reviewing financial information, monitoring covenant compliance and preparing periodic credit risk rating reviews.
• Works with troubled borrowers to enforce loan terms, collect past due payments, establish workout arrangements and repossess collateral as necessary.
• Is involved in community functions serving as an ambassador for the bank, particularly with the business community.
• Other duties as assigned by Commercial Lending Manager.