Commercial Lenders develop and maintains strong and profitable commercial banking relationships with businesses and businesspersons within our communities. Commercial Lenders may also assist in the performance of commercial loan underwriting, closing, monitoring, collections and credit review functions. Efforts are directed primarily toward commercial loan growth and deepening banking relationships with commercial borrowers including deposit accounts and related services. Maintains high visibility and promotes the bank's image within the business community.
• Develop business customer and referral source relationships that result in lending and deposit accounts opportunities for the Bank.
• Regularly call on businesses and referral sources outside the Bank.
• Pursue leads, follow up with prospective loan applicants and otherwise do what is necessary to secure a steady flow of loan applications.
• Work directly with loan customers answering questions, determining appropriate lending products, determining appropriate loan structures, assisting with applications, following up and otherwise processing loan requests.
• In addition to lending, grows the Bank’s business deposit accounts and other related services by Identifying other non-lending customer needs, educating customers on the benefits of Bank products and making referrals to other Bank personnel such as CSR’s or the Financial Services Representative as appropriate.
• Maintains ongoing contact with commercial borrowers.
• As needed, assist in the processing, underwriting and closing of commercial loans, including financial statements analysis and other credit risk evaluations.
• Monitors the performance of commercial borrowers by monitoring payment status, requesting and reviewing financial information, monitoring covenant compliance and preparing periodic credit risk rating reviews.
• Works with troubled borrowers to enforce loan terms, collect past due payments, establish workout arrangements and repossess collateral as necessary.
• Performs all duties in conformance with all Bank policy, procedures and applicable laws and regulations.
• Completes all internal training assignments in a timely manner.
• Is knowledgeable about and follows banks policies and procedures.
• Is involved in community functions and civic organizations, as well as participating in community service opportunities. Be a good ambassador for the bank, particularly with the business community.
• Portrays overall professional behavior whenever conducting bank business.