The Commercial Lending Manager is responsible for the development and administration of a profitable portfolio of commercial loans made in conformance with regulations and the Bank’s policies. This person develops and maintains strong and profitable commercial banking relationships with businesses and businesspersons within the Bank’s communities while at the same time working with commercial loan officers, treasury management and branch managers to develop and execute a strong business development and sales culture. In addition, the applicant will work with underwriting, processing and loan servicing departments to develop and improve processes in order to provide a high level of customer service and a customer experience consistent with the Eaton Way. The Commercial Lending Manager maintains high visibility and promotes the bank's image within the business community.
• Assists the President and Chief Lending Officer in determining the nature of the Bank’s commercial lending including what type of lending the Bank should pursue, staffing and system needs, business development and marketing efforts, and selection of vendors.
• Assists the President and Chief Lending Officer in developing commercial lending policy including determining appropriate loan underwriting standards and loan terms.
• Assist the President and Chief Lending Officer in establishing commercial loan pricing.
• Oversees and leads the sales and business development efforts of commercial lending with a focus on helping the commercial lending team grow a profitable commercial loan portfolio.
• Supervises and develops commercial lending staff, implements HR policies and procedures, conducts performance evaluations, establishes objectives and monitors staff performance.
• Ensures all commercial loans are approved in conformance with Bank policy. May exercise individual lending authority if so granted by the Board of Directors.
• In addition to supervising Commercial Lenders and Treasury Management Officer, spends considerable time personally developing commercial loan and related deposit account relationships by performing all the business development duties described in the Commercial Loan Officer Job Description.
• Supports commercial credit by contacting and working with commercial borrowers to obtain financial information and other supporting documentation to assist with the completion of annual financial reviews, loan maturities, and new loan request.
• Supports loan servicing by contacting troubled borrowers to enforce loan terms, collect past due payments, establish workout arrangements and repossess collateral as necessary.
• Performs all duties in conformance with all Bank policy, procedures and applicable laws and regulations.
• Completes all internal training assignments in a timely manner.
• Is knowledgeable about and follows banks policies and procedures.
• Is involved in community functions and civic organizations, as well as participating in community service opportunities. Be a good ambassador for the bank, particularly with the business community.
• Portrays overall professional behavior whenever conducting bank business.
• Completes the Bank’s Leadership Academy.