The Communications Officer works closely with and under the supervision of the Associate Vice President of Marketing and Communications to develop and implement communication and marketing strategies and tactics to connect and engage the Community Foundation’s various audiences. The Communications Officer works to ensure the consistency of the Community Foundation’s voice with an emphasis on impact and centering equity. They will have a demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative setting, effectively communicate around sensitive issues, a highly developed cultural awareness, and the ability to be an active listener.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW A LETTER FROM ALEXANDRIA DAWSON, ASSOCIATE VICE PRESIDENT OF MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS.
• Develop compelling and engaging stories that effectively communicate our organization's mission, vision, and impact.
• Conduct research and interviews to gather information for storytelling purposes.
• Write and edit content including articles, blog posts, and press releases, to effectively convey key messages.
• Develop and execute social media strategies to enhance brand awareness, engagement, and reach.
• Create and curate engaging content for various social media platforms.
• Monitor and analyze social media metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns and make data-driven decisions.
• Create high-quality content for various channels such as websites, e-newsletters, and presentations.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather information and incorporate feedback into content creation processes.
• Ensures the consistency of the Community Foundation’s voice, messaging and visual identity through its brand and cultural competency standards.
• Plan, organize, and coordinate both virtual and in-person events such as meetings, special events, workshops, and webinars.
• Develop event strategies, including target audience identification, event promotion, logistics management, and post-event evaluation.
• Collaborate with internal teams and external partners to ensure successful event execution.
• Efficiently and effectively manage a variety of projects at once.
• Works with departments, creative partners, and vendors to develop and implement communications strategies.
• Assists with production and mailing oversight.
• Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure project milestones are achieved.
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with media contacts and journalists.
• Draft press releases, media pitches, and other media-related materials.
• Monitor media coverage and respond to inquiries, ensuring accurate and timely information dissemination.