Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the Contract and Provider Network Manager oversees activities and staff concerned with the development, procurement, compliance, evaluation, and renewal of contracts and is the main point of contact for the provider network. Provides leadership and supervision to assigned staff. Responsible for carrying out all activities of the department in such a manner that fulfills the Community Mental Health Authority mission, policies, and procedures.
• Responsible for coordinating, organizing, and administering all phases of contract management, including supervising contract-related activities.
• Oversees procurement process for contracted services including provider recruitment and credentialing, review of bids or renewals, cost estimation, approvals and processing.
• Provides consultation and sets standards in the RFP Process.
• Leads or coordinates performance improvement and communication efforts with the provider network including participating in provider network meetings, forums, and newsletters.
• Responsible for coordinating, organizing, and administering all phases of contract management, including supervising contract-related activities and advising Management on contractual obligations.
• Develops policies and procedures for contract and provider network management. Assures consistent contract compliance with relevant agency, state and federal guidelines and regulations.
• Defines and conducts provider network system monitoring processes. Reports findings per CMHA-CEI requirements, policies and procedures.
• Evaluates the effectiveness of contract management practices and procedures through data analysis, customer feedback, and follow up with providers and program staff
• Ensures CMHA-CEI interpretations of contract issues are compatible with MDHHS requirements.
• Hires, trains, disciplines, and terminates assigned staff. Evaluates the work performance of staff and sets work performance objectives that are designed to accomplish department goals.
• Works collaboratively with CMHA-CEI departments and programs to ensure consistency in applications of standards and processes, internal service delivery and contract service delivery.
• Assists the Recipient Rights office in ensuring that contract providers comply with state and agency Recipient Rights rules and regulations.
• Ensures contractor compliance with federal and state laws and administrative rules and CMHA-CEI policies and procedures regulating contract procurement.
• Leads negotiations for contracts and ensures contracts are processed on a timely basis.
• Coordinates and oversees provision of technical assistance to contract providers within the limits established by the contract management plan.
• Assists non-compliant contractors in developing corrective action plans to bring them into contract compliance. Makes recommendations to the appropriate Program/Department director for terminating contracts.
• Develops and updates standardized contract language, model contracts, attachments and requests for proposals according to provider type on an ongoing basis assuring compliance with agency, state, and federal rules and regulations.
• Participates in PIHP workgroups and committees as requested.
• Maintains productivity standards relative to the requirements of the position.
• Establishes and maintains appropriate working relationships with staff and outside agencies.
• Makes use of opportunities for continuing education to maintain and increase professional competence.
• Responsible for the knowledge and adherence to all Community Mental Health Authority policies and procedures.
• Observes all rules of confidentiality as it relates to consumer information, both internally and in dealing with outside individuals and/or agencies.
• Maintains an acceptable level of attendance and work performance.
• Performs all other essential job duties as assigned.