A department head and member of senior management, the Retail Banking Officer is responsible for coordinating and overseeing the Bank’s retail branches, including business development efforts, all facets of branch administration and overseeing the Financial Services Department. Working closely with the President and the Board of Directors, the Retail Banking Officer helps steer the strategic direction of the Bank by helping to determine what types of deposit accounts to offer, account terms, pricing, fees, policies, staffing and system needs, deposit account marketing and selection of vendors.
• Implements deposit account related policy including developing and implementing all necessary procedures, processes, systems, etc.
• Plays a major role in the Bank achieving its lending goals by working together with the Chief Lending Officer to direct the loan business development efforts of retail staff and by supporting the banks marketing efforts.
• Insures adequate deposit balances by developing and coordinating the Bank’s business development efforts as they relate to deposit gathering.
• Oversees all aspects of the Bank’s deposit account servicing including opening and maintaining accounts, transaction processing, cash vault management, pricing and vendor management.
• Makes a major contribution to the Bank’s marketing by providing input to the Marketing Committee, coordinating marketing activities in the branches and working with other senior managers to devise and implement marketing strategy.
• Directly supervises Branch Managers and other positions that report directly to the Retail Banking Officer. Implements HR policy and procedure, conducts performance evaluations, establishes objectives and monitors staff performance.
• Works closely with and provides direction to all branch personnel regarding all facets of deposit account and customer service related activities.
• Assists others in the development of business by reinforcing Eaton Federal’s consultative sales culture.
• Ensures the Retail Banking and Financial Services Department’s compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Answers questions and solves problems for customers and bank staff concerning deposit accounts and related services.
• Is actively involved with customers and staff and leads by example.
• Promotes teamwork and open communication within the department, branches and within the bank as a whole.
• Participates in monthly Management Meetings, ALCO, Marketing Committee, Compliance/IT Meetings and other bank management meetings.
• Coordinates the department’s efforts to satisfy audits and examinations and insures the necessary corrective actions are taken in response to findings.
• Maintains positive community image.
• Participates in community service opportunities.
• Completes all training assignments in a timely manner.
• Completes the Bank’s Leadership Academy.
• Serves as the Security Officer for all offices and provides or oversees security training.
• Will take a lead role in creating and/or overseeing the creation of training, for and supporting a customer experience focused culture.
• Oversees all aspects of the Banks Financial Service Department.
• Is knowledgeable about Bank products and services, promotes the Bank and looks for opportunities to refer customers who may benefit from additional products or services.
• Portrays overall professional behavior whenever conducting bank business.