Under the direction of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for the overall management of the organization. Assists the Board of Directors in developing the vision for MARSP as well as implementation strategies and programs for realizing related goals, objectives, and outcomes.
• Direct the Strategic Plan execution including web site development, social media presence, monitoring membership for regional representation on executive committee, and proposing the annual meeting schedule.
• Interpreting and enforcing the bylaws and standing rules and recommending review of board policies when necessary.
• Monitoring and recommending an organization wide budget to finance committee.
• Understanding State and Federal regulations and reporting requirements.
•Serving as organization’s Information Security Officer (ISO).
• Serve as an ex-officio member of all standing committees (except Nominating Committee) and overseeing deliberations.
• Supervise reporting to the board of directors and provide such staff support as is necessary and appropriate.
• Serving as CEO of MARSP Foundation.
• Coordinate the efforts of the legislative committee and the contracted lobbyist.
• Direct the development of the membership growth and maintenance program.
• Understand historical background of MARSP.
• Prepare presentations for: Chapter and annual Meetings, MARSP Pension Seminars, Leadership/Recruitment Seminars.
• Coordinating exhibits at other educational conferences while representing and promoting MARSP through a marketing/public relations program.
• Enlist, train and supervise cadres.
• Attend meetings of MPSERS Board and Department of Treasury/Investment Committee.
• Supervise all staff members.
• Train: volunteer PRIM Pension Seminar presenters and schedulers, chapter legislative ambassadors, and school ambassadors.
• Utilize video conferencing system to expand training for committees and volunteers.
• Maintain MARSP Emergency Response Plan.