The role of the Executive Director is to plan, organize and direct all programs of the Humane Society of Genesee County (HSGC) under the direction of, and in conformity with the policies of the HSGC Board of Directors.
• Provide executive level leadership of all management, staff and volunteers.
• Promote development of skills of staff and strive to accomplish HSGC goals and fulfill the HSGC Mission.
• To implement the strategic goals and objectives of the organization and provide leadership toward the achievement of the organization’s philosophy, mission, annual goals, objectives, and growth.
• This position provides administration of and guidance for all organizational programs and activities and staff responsible for them (i.e., program and facility management, fiscal management and fundraising, community and public relations/advocacy, human resources, and clinic).
• Report to the Board monthly as to the fiscal and operational status of the organization.
• Ensure effective management of the annual budget and be accountable for budget expenditures on an on-going basis.
• Ability to establish effective working relationships with Board members, managers, staff volunteers, and vendors.
• Building and maintaining relationships with donors.
• Develop and implement appropriate standards of procedure for all core functions of the organization.
• Administration of all programs: Spay/Neuter Clinic, Volunteer, Humane Education, Cruelty and Development.
• Other duties as assigned by the HSGC Board of Directors.