The position of Commercial Real Estate Legal and Lease Administrator is responsible for reviewing commercial leases and real estate documents with the intent to protect the company. The position is intensely administrative. At the same time, there is frequent interaction with the public requiring excellent written, verbal and interactive communication skills.
• Maintain company files for sales, purchases and basic history of vacant lot properties and active subdivisions.
• Assist General Counsel with real estate purchase agreements, order titles, tax information, due diligence, and closing documentation.
• Create leases for all new commercial lease tenants.
• Create addendums and amendments for lease renewals.
• Will conduct due diligence reviews, title searches, and survey reviews.
• Draft, review, and revise various types of transactional documents in connection with real estate management and leasing; including, but not limited to:
o Commercial Leases
o Lease Agreements
o Estoppel Agreements
o Letters of Intent
o Settlement Agreements
o Lease Guarantees
o Lease Commencement Agreements
o Telecommunications Agreements
o Purchase and Sales Agreements
o Other real estate relation transaction documentation
• Review, markup, prepare, and redline responses to counter-offers made by prospective tenants and their legal counsel.
• Research and interpret lease language in consultation with attorneys and provide information and guidance related to real estate and lease matters, as requested by property managers, brokers, or principals of the company.
• Review and interpret lease terms from broker-provided deal spreadsheets and LOI’s prior to drafting lease agreements.
• Review and confirm that dollars agreed to in LOI’s have been translated accurately into lease documents. Proofread drafts of legal documents.
• Work with township/city treasurers and assessors to assure property assessments are accurate
• Maintain files of subdivision covenants, restriction books, condominium master deeds and other required recorded documents for the purpose of sale.
• Prepare and close vacant lot real estate with builders or a title company.
• Review pre-closing and sale closing files for compliance.
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.