The Human Resources (HR) Generalist oversees the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources department including the administration of human resources policies, procedures, and programs under the direction of the CFO/General Counsel. The HR Generalist is responsible for recruiting, staffing, employee relations, performance management, payroll and benefits administration, and the coordination of other personnel functions.
• The HR Generalist leads human resources objectives and initiatives, and coordinates the implementation of HR services and policies.
• Ensures the organization’s current and future staffing needs are met by making contacts at multiple recruitment venues, such as career fairs, colleges and universities, veterans placement services, and developing a plan to attract a qualified and diverse staff.
• Partners with management to identify and coordinate programs that support the recruitment of a highly trained workforce including emphasis on diversity and compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) guidelines.
• Oversees and develops the performance management program to ensure effectiveness, compliance and equity within the organization.
• Works closely with management to implement training and development programs as required in a high performing organization.
• Conducts regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
• Administers the benefit plans and programs and ensures compliance with state and federal laws with assistance from third party vendors.
• Acts as the “go to” person for information on all company health benefits plans (health, dental, vision insurance) and 401k plan.
• Monitors the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) to ensure compliance and the appropriate handling of information.
• Analyzes training needs to design employee development and onboarding programs.
• Other duties as assigned by CFO/General Counsel.