The basic function of the CNC General Machinist is to complete all operations in a timely manner and to ensure that all work is completed and verified to the highest quality standard. Must be well versed in CNC mill and / or lathe operation, programming, and set up.
• Inspect incoming work for dimensional integrity and match the print to the job description.
• Machines pieces in accordance with work orders, blueprints, specifications, drawings, reference planes, location of surfaces, geometric dimensioning tolerancing (GDT), and machining parameters.
• Executes and records established and operator created programs on mills and lathes by setting tools, offsets, and tool compensation.
• Sets up and operates a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts – CNC mills and Lathes and grinders.
• Creates, properly executes, and archives G-code programs.
• Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Calculates dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and gauges.
• Maintains quality and safety standards.
• Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors. This includes assisting and training personnel when necessary.
• Perform routine preventative maintenance on department equipment and notify supervision of non-routine maintenance needs.
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.