The Director of Information Technology drives the IT vision and strategy to enable achievement of the organization’s objectives. The Director of Information Technology has expertise in emerging technologies and is proficient in translating those technologies into applications that accelerate business outcomes. He or she is responsible for all strategic and operational aspects of IT including network support, virtual infrastructure, help desk, telecommunications, business application support, security, and compliance.
The successful candidate will partner with executive team members to define and implement specific technology strategies, including but not limited to digital, marketing, project management, accounting, finance, construction management, safety, HR and others as necessary to meet company strategic priorities. The incumbent manages the IT team toward effectively delivering projects with a high level of customer service and performs certain technical work on his or her own as well.
• Works with the business to develop an enterprise technology strategy; establish team goals, objectives and success measures.
• Maintains current technologies and platforms and provides direction on what emerging technologies should be introduced, integrated and assimilated within the company’s operations.
• Collaborates with executive leadership and business partners to define, develop and prioritize execution of IT strategy.
• Establishes and maintains effective administration of the company’s ERP, virtual desktop, and other business systems.
• Develops annual expense and capital budget; manages budget and prioritizes capital investments.
• Approves PC and other technology-related expenses to ensure appropriate and efficient use of company resources.
• Builds strong and transparent relationships with key departments and their leaders across the enterprise, instilling a detailed understanding of their issues, challenges and opportunities.
• Manages, provides oversight of, and contributes to all IT projects, ensuring that commitments are properly planned, staffed, monitored and reported.
• Establishes and enforces IT policies, processes, standards and methodologies.
• Establishes a comprehensive information security program to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of relevant data, as well as the protection of enterprise wide IT assets.
• Leads the design and implementation of IT disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
• Development and management of IT team personnel and ensuring a customer service culture in the department.