The Grants Administrator reports to the Vice President of Community Impact and is responsible for managing application and grant processing for the Community Foundation of Greater Flint (CFGF); The incumbent will also assist with the evolution of CFGF’s grants management system and processes to higher levels of efficiency and maturity. The Grants Administrator will be responsible for grant management process from application through closing, coordinating all non-competitive grantmaking, and providing staff support to the grantmaking initiatives of the CFGF.
• Ensures an accurate, timely, efficient, and transparent process for the entire grant life cycle,
including pre-award management, tracking payments, reviewing or producing relevant reports,
monitoring and post-award management.
• Develops and maintain queries, data extracts, and reports in response to ad hoc requests as well as scheduled needs such as grantmaking staff meetings and quarterly production of board-related materials.
• Responds to general inquiries from nonprofit organizations and individuals regarding CFGF’s grantmaking and scholarship programs and serve as liaison to non-profits and grantees as they navigate the process.
• Assists with the grant review function, conducting thorough reviews of each grant application including reviewing of interim reports, and monitoring performance.
• Ensures that grants and scholarships are coded accurately and consistently as a basis for providing reports to staff and partners.
• Understands and ensures compliance with IRS and CFGF’s requirements and regulations.
• Assists with maintaining the overall integrity and quality of CFGF’s grant database, including auditing the database for accuracy and consistency of information.
• Oversees the data entry of each grant and scholarship application and assists with archiving CFGF’s grant and scholarship records.
• Coordinates the grantmaking process with finance and other departments as needed for posting and payment of grants in a timely manner.
• Other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Community Impact.