The Executive Assistant provides administrative and clerical support to the association’s two primary lobbyists, as well we to the association’s affiliated political action committee (Friends of Housing) and foundation (Skilled-to-Build Michigan). Duties include completing a broad variety of administrative tasks that include correspondence, research and reports; appointment scheduling; database management, meeting coordination and performing and overseeing specific projects and programs as assigned. The Executive Assistant maintains and updates the website and social media platforms.
• Schedules government affairs appointments with legislators, department heads, etc.
• Supports database management and integration/use of Phone 2 Action.
• Prepares and compiles lists as directed.
• Produces packets and other materials for local HBAs, legislators, departments, ICC, NAHB.
• Coordinates and handles mass mailings for legislative and department issues.
• Researches issues and develops reports.
• Coordinates various association committee meetings (notices, materials, minutes).
• Provides all necessary administrative support for the political action committee.
• Assists with planning and scheduling fundraisers.
• Provides all necessary administrative support to Skilled-to-Build Michigan (SBM).
• Supports and facilitates HBAM social media efforts.
• Maintains and updates website and social media for SBM.
• Assumes responsibility for the effective performance of assigned administrative and clerical functions.
• Assumes responsibility for maintaining effective business relations with legislators, department heads and other business professionals.
• Resolves or appropriately refers questions, requests, complaints, and problems.
• Obtains and conveys information as needed.
• Promotes goodwill and conveys a positive image of the Home Builders Association of Michigan.
• Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with area staff and with management.
• Assists other personnel as needed.
• Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
• Assists, supports and serves staff, as needed.
• Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
• Performs miscellaneous clerical and administrative tasks.
• Performs special projects as assigned.
• Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.