The Human Resources Generalist provides Human Resource (HR) related assistance for organizational staff including talent acquisition and development initiatives, responding to employee inquiries, and delivering timely feedback regarding employee relations.
• Ensures the organization’s current and future staffing needs are met by making contacts at multiple recruitment venues, such as career fairs, colleges and universities, veterans placement services and developing a plan to attract a qualified and diverse staff.
• Recruits, interviews and hires employees for select departments, working closely with supervisors to outline talent requirements.
• Assists in the development of HR initiatives including the creation of a staffing plan, recruitment procedures, evaluation of post-interview information, and coordination of background checks.
• Creates and maintains daily staffing reports which include the verification of employee work hours, requested time off and job vacancies.
• Coordinates and assists with the development of position descriptions and ensures proper job placement in salary schedule.
• Monitors the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) to ensure compliance and the appropriate handling of information.
• Identifies opportunities within the HR functional area to improve organizational effectiveness.
• Analyzes training needs to design employee development and onboarding programs.
• Ensures compliance with applicable laws and organization policies and guidelines.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations or Vice President.