The Accounting Manager reports directly to the President of the Company, overseeing the day-to-day functions of the Accounting Department, including all general accounting functions, payables, receivables, bank and investment accounts, and payroll.
• Perform and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department and it’s many functions, including:
o Monthly statements for both Indian Trails and the Michigan Flyer
o General Ledger
o Cash Receipts
o Accounts Payable and Receivable
o Payroll and payroll tax return preparation
o All other month-end and year-end statements
o Bank accounts maintenance and reconciliations
o Investment accounts maintenance and reconciliations
o Year-end 1099 and W-2 preparations
o Monthly revenue and expense variance analysis
o Fixed Asset Record Maintenance
o IFTA Reporting
• Monitor and analyze accounting data while producing various financial reports and statements.
• Maintain and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles.
• Coordinate and oversee all financial audits.
• Establish and maintain proper fiscal files and records to document all company transactions.
• Work with President to maintain company investments strategy.
• Provide financial input, including reports as needed, to other departments within the company.
• Prepare all work papers and statements as necessary for company tax returns.
• Other duties as directed by the President.