The Internal Auditor is responsible for conducting performance, operational, financial and compliance audits, special projects and the development of the annual internal audit and risk assessment plans. The position provides consulting services to the Board of Directors, Audit Committee, President/CEO as well as the organization’s management and staff.
• Identifies and evaluates the organization’s audit risk areas and develops the risk-based annual internal audit plan.
• Performs audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures. Responsible for the completion of all audit assignments effectively and within the scheduled time frame.
• Conducts interviews, reviews documents, composes summary memos, and prepares working papers. Responsible for organizing and systematically completing in a neat manner all work papers to show what was done, the procedures and methods used, and the conclusions or the results of the work performed.
• Identifies, develops, and documents audit issues and recommendations for improvement using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed. Responsible for communicating information, suggestions, and/or problems regarding job status and critical findings throughout assignments to the Board of Directors, the Audit Committee, the President/CEO, and management.
• Identify and recommend changes, new procedures and techniques to eliminate weaknesses in practices and procedures or operations from the standpoint of control and prevention. Present these recommendations to the Board of Directors, the Audit Committee, the President/CEO, and management.
• Communicates or assists in communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations on a timely basis to the Board of Directors, the Audit Committee, the President/CEO, and management.
• Develops and maintains productive team-oriented client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
• Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers.
• Represents internal auditing on organizational project teams and at management meetings.
• Responsible for the efficient operation of the audit department in order to assist the NCUA, state examiners and external auditors to expeditiously complete their assignments.
• Interacts with and recommends to the Board of Directors, the Audit Committee, the President/CEO, and management and Information Systems staff any computer system corrections or enhancements that are needed to maintain continued effective operations.
• Assists with compliance by researching information pertaining to compliance regulations and assists in training staff with compliance regulations.
• Assists the Credit Union with maintaining Enterprise Risk Management, and audits the results of the review, as well as tracking and ensuring the corrective action plans are implemented.
• Works with Senior Management to identify potential risks for the Credit Union, as well as providing input of possible solutions to mitigate the risk.
• Perform duties of the Security Officer, including identifying security weaknesses, recommending remediation steps, ensuring that corrective measures are put in place in a timely manner and monitoring controls.
• Leading the Disaster Recovery Team to ensure that the Credit Union has contingent plans in place to prevent a major disruption in service in the event of a major catastrophe.
• Provide input to the Board of Directors and Senior Management during the development and implementation of the Credit Union’s strategic goals.
• Works with the Audit Committee to develop meeting agendas, educate committee members on their roles and responsibilities, as well as processes within the Credit Union.
• Maintains records of all audit and examination comments, as well as resolutions implemented by management.
• Look for trends in exam and audit findings to help identify emerging risks for the Credit Union.
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.